Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Packages!!

Well, not for me, but packages nonetheless!! I love sending people stuff in the mail, maybe it's my own selfish way of thinking that maybe they will send me something back. And anything you get that is not a bill is always good news!

My sister in law, Bethany, is finishing her first semester away at school. She has been going to a community college for about 3 semesters. So, I got a huge paper box and filled it with goodies for her and her roommate. It was fun shopping for stuff like bubbles and silly string and junk food that keeps you from studying, which is the whole point of finals week anywy, right? Once I got it all filled, I was expecting it to cost a whole lot to send it.

Plus, one of my good friends from college is in Pennsylvania now and apparantly they make hot sauce differently than they do in Texas. And he needs some Texas hot sauce! I got him 2 jars of hot sauce and wrapped it in bubble wrap and packaged it in peanuts made of corn starch, which Harley wanted to eat. I was also expecting it to cost a whole lot.

I took them both to the UPS store at lunch today. Bethany's package weighed 17 pounds and Aaron's weighed 10. It cost $25 to send both of them! I was surprised that it didn't cost more, really. And thought her's would weigh more than that. They both should get there by Friday. Now comes the waiting for shipping........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home